Learn more here: http://www.hakkalabs.co/articles/building-big-data-applications-kiji-framework
In this talk, Clint Kelly (Technical Staff, WibiData) describes the process of integrating Cassandra and Kiji. He covers:
• The Kiji architecture and data model
• Implementing the Kiji data model in Cassandra using the Java driver and CQL3
• Integrating Cassandra with Hadoop 2.x
• Building a flexible middleware platform that supports Cassandra and HBase (including projects that use both simultaneously)
• Exposing unique features of Cassandra (e.g., variable consistency) to Kiji users
The Kiji Project is a modular, open-source framework that enables developers to efficiently build real-time Big Data applications. Kiji is built upon popular open-source technologies such as Cassandra, HBase, Hadoop, and Scalding, and contains components that implement functionality critical for Big Data applications.
This talk was presented at the DataStax SF Cassandra Users meetup group hosted by Disqus in San Francisco.